Nidhi Company Rules, 2014 – Incorporation and incidental matters
1) A Nidhi to be incorporated under the Act shall be a public company and shall have a minimum paid up equity share capital of five lakh rupees.
(2) On and after the commencement of the Act, no Nidhi shall issue preference shares.
(3) If preference shares had been issued by a Nidhi before the commencement of this Act, such preference shares shall be redeemed in accordance with the terms of issue of such shares.
(4) Except as provided under the proviso to sub-rule (e) to rule 6, no Nidhi shall have any object in its Memorandum of Association other than the object of cultivating the habit of thrift and savings amongst its members, receiving deposits from, and lending to, its members only, for their mutual benefit.
(5) Every Company incorporated as a â€œNidhiâ€ shall have the last words â€˜Nidhi Limitedâ€™ as part of its name.
Contact Finlaw.in for complete guidance on setting-up Nidhi Company